WeAreOpen is a nonprofit that creates campaigns with a coalition of businesses to promote diversity and inclusion for millions. It does so because being open is not only the right thing to do, but it is also necessary for businesses to succeed, and it makes people feel safe and happy at their workplaces. WeAreOpen’s mission is to raise public awareness about the fact that diversity is a value for organizations, and to give companies tools to become more open workplaces.
WeAreOpen was founded as an initiative in 2013 by Prezi, espell, and Google. It grew from a volunteer project to an emerging nonprofit social enterprise. To fulfill its mission, WeAreOpen partners with the world’s most acknowledged brands, large employers in Hungary, hundreds of Hungarian SMEs, dozens of local influencers and volunteers. WeAreOpen consults with a wide range of acknowledged scholars and nonprofits from Europe and beyond.
WeAreOpen believes that visible gestures make a difference. So, it designed campaigns that resulted in 1,000+ companies and organizations publicly joining WeAreOpen’s manifesto about openness; 150+ public commitments from companies about improving gender equality at their workplace in a given year; 100+ CEOs, and many company groups, attending Budapest Pride march to support LGBTQ inclusion; and dozens of publicly shared stories from influencers about why it is worthwhile to be open. Moreover, WeAreOpen created OPEN Conference, the first international diversity conference for business leaders in Central Eastern Europe, attracting top global speakers; and it commissioned representative research to better understand the needs and wishes of Hungarian employees.
We are proud to be able to achieve all of these in cooperation with the community of open companies and organizations, with our sponsors, partners, supporters, advisors and friends.
Social Media Manager
Board of Directors
Chairman; Prezi, CEO and co-founder
Citi, CEO for Central-Europe and Country Head for Hungary
Google, PR Lead, Europe, Middle East, Africa
MOL Group, HR Vice President
Citi, Regional Head (EMEA) of Citi Shared Services (CSS), Enterprise Supply Chain (ESC) and Head of Budapest Service Centre
Morgan Stanley, Executive Director
BlackRock, Head of BlackRock Hungary
WeAreOpen – Marketing Manager – full-time job
WeAreOpen, a nonprofit initiative founded by Google, espell, and Prezi, is looking for its first Marketing Manager. We work together with a coalition of businesses to promote diversity for millions.
If you are an experienced marketing professional with an emphasis on B2B and online marketing and are looking for something new and meaningful, come and join WeAreOpen.
At WeAreOpen, you are the one who builds the community of large businesses and their executives so they can work closely together, either in WeAreOpen’s large national campaigns or in its B2B activities. You build the channels that help WeAreOpen’s impact and organization grow, up to and including the international level.
Your work includes creating and executing WeAreOpen’s marketing strategy, managing its partners and vendors who support its marketing functions; you oversee WeAreOpen’s brand-building and communications.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Creating and executing WeAreOpen’s marketing strategy with a strong B2B and online focus and developing and tracking metrics.
- Managing the marketing-related work of our partners and vendors.
- Regularly analyzing WeAreOpen’s market and target group and getting to know best practices and new trends, thus contributing to WeAreOpen’s overall strategy.
- Generating leads and working them through the marketing funnel, thus supporting the work of our Partnership Lead.
- Overseeing WeAreOpen’s brand building, content creation and communications.
- Participating in creating WeAreOpen’s B2C awareness-raising campaigns.
We are looking for you, if you are:
- An experienced and up-to-date marketing professional with a special focus on B2B and online marketing
- An intellectually curious self-starter and proactive problem solver who is adaptive, has a can-do attitude, and is decisive and professional. You don’t shy away from visionary goals.
- Have strong values and work ethic
- English on a full professional proficiency level is a must; exceptional communication and writing skills in both English and Hungarian and/or good understanding of the agenda of Diversity & Inclusion is an advantage
What we offer:
- Meaningful and impactful work where you can have positive impact.
- Development & implementation of new ideas, processes & programs for an ambitious organization. We grow together.
- Build relationships with great minds and top leaders from Hungary and beyond.
- A workplace where you can be you. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people – whatever their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other personal characteristic.
- We work in one of Budapest’s best co-working offices.
- Flexibility: home office, flexible working hours.
Are you interested? We would like to hear from you, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.